07 May 2009

T Minus 11 Hours

We've ridden in three completely different worlds in the past three days. On Tuesday it was on an undulating frontage road paralleling I70 with Kansas spread out endlessly on all sides. On Wednesday it was a strange savanna-esque microcosm in the middle of suburban Denver. But instead of giraffes and wildebeast, we saw weekend warriors in their tribal garb with TT helmets and whirring disc wheels. And today...oh. We emerged from the soulless sprawl of Denver, crossed the flatlands, and found ourselves in the promised land of Fort Collins. After a brief pre-ride, I came to a conclusion: the course is amazing. Breath-taking. So many wonderful climbs and epic vistas.
Tomorrow morning is when it goes down. And even if my eyeballs start bleeding and my head explodes and I drop so far off the pack even the broom wagon won't pick me up...I'll still be enjoying the scenery.

P.S. I hear there will be live coverage on Bicycle Racing TV

No comments:

Post a Comment