28 August 2012

Colorado Continued (now with pictures!)

I thought Boulder was beautiful, until I saw Lyons with its panorama of rocky red outcroppings and the towering presence of Long's Peak in the backdrop. I went for a ride with the Oskar Blues marketing director's awesome girlfriend Marily, who took me skittering over dusty pointy rocks and slabs and swooping down loose berms. We finished the ride in short order to catch the racers as they sprinted through Lyons--we baked on the roof of the Oskar Blues RV with the other "VIPs", fit friendly women and photographers. In a town of less than 2000 people I think every citizen showed up to watch the pros blaze by.
Picture Rock, where everyone takes a picture
Spectating
Ella and I are both introverts and this trip has involved prolonged pleasantries with new people every night, and yet we're not worn out; it's energizing spending time with so many interesting, involved, generous people. I feel I must have a serious karmic deficit going by now and must be sure to treat any and all travelers in a most welcoming manner. 
The view from Royal Arch
Post-mozzarella in Boulder
Samples at Celestial 

No comments:

Post a Comment