24 January 2010

Inauspicious

Oh la la, it's been a year of blogging for the Hoo. If I spent 1/10th as much time writing as I did perusing all the amazing blogs of the world, I would have a novel. Like, a big one.
As it is, I just have access to some amazing time killers.
I love most of all:
Luxirare.
FatCyclist.
GoFugYourself.
SeaofShoes.
BikeFag.
And so many, many more.
But that's not the point of this post. Point is, what have I accomplished in the past year? Well, not much. I'm in stasis until some kind of big shake-up, hopefully one brought on by graduation and an amazing job offer. I'm not picky. I'd be open to being a:
-Stylist. Yeah right, Julia.
-Editor of some fab bike or fashion mag. Preferably involving lots of free shwag and good riding buddies (probably less available in the latter)
-Traveling coffee shop consultant. Baristas being bitches? I'll fix 'em!
-Tenured history professor. Magically bypassing the insane amount of education and awkward first years of teaching.

More likely?
-Belk dressing-room attendant.
-Freelance journalist. Which for me would probably be code for poor-as-dirt and rarely published.
-Bakery employee.
-Disgruntled high school teacher. Yuck.

But, similar to the post written a year ago, most of my attention is directed towards the Icycle!!

Also: I would like to officially retract any statements regarding my "retirement".
More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment