22 November 2009

Status Quo

I've tried to blog a few times, really I have. I planned on writing about the fabulous girls' nights out and socializing, or about the therapeutic runs in the forest, or how Bennett Gap is awesome, or how 30 Rock is high-larious. But each time boredom knocked me on my ass. Well, not anymore! I shall overcome the boredom to relate a little bit of my incredibly ho-hum life.
-CarolineAlexisTinaDecosimo and I indulged Squirrel and raced his silly 8am collegiate cross race at Hendo. But I use the term "raced" in the loosest possible manner. At Nats I was as fit as I've ever been (on a bike. High school sports trump all.) I rode the wave through the Boone cross race and came out feeling like a cocky BA. But, a month of pastries, trail runs, and hang-out rides later, I STRUGGLED yesterday. But I'm okay with it (slightly sheepish...a little embarrassed...but none the worse for wear). For now, racing is not important. Because everyone knows the best biking chicks are OLD. Except Emily Batty and Rachel Atherton, i.e., my faves.
-The Super Fab Fun-Time T-Shirt party lived up to its name. No photos, because they'd be too incriminating.
-New roommate and I get along perfectly.
-Running is wonderful.
-So is riding. But only when it's nice out.
-Spent a Sunday baking cookies, surfing the web, cookin' grits and okra with the Saint, and watching The Office. And NOT cross racing. Life is good.
-Now I'm going to go play floor hockey. Yay, sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment