15 February 2009

My South Park Moment

"i learned something today..."

so i was all about doing some hard hours today with the usual suspects. i even packed one of my amazing mini ham and cheese sandwiches, so you know i was serial. but then i got shelled unusually fast on frozen creek and got in my head the grumpy little thought that i HATED road riding. so i bid adieu to the fellows and proceeded home at a much more pleasant speed. and it was awesome! i haven't actually been on a road ride by myself since i left the thrill and i forgot that when alone rides aren't shitty and boring they can be really nice. instead of working my ass off the whole time to stay on someone's wheel, i cruised.

it's so easy to have fun mountain biking. this was a good week: dawn patroling, watching young man balls ride the illegal stars'n'bars line off grassy road, getting my groove back on north slope...but i need to remember to have fun road biking too. especially since pretty soon we'll be racing collegiate/not having fun every weekend.

oops, i feel like chris carmichael when he does one of his "me me me" pieces in bicycling (you know, the article right before the monthly "introduction to triathlons"). no offense to all you cts employees.

also, i went to marco's trattoria last night. verdict: very good! EXCEPT they don't serve bmb baguettes the way maple did. oh, silly fools. when will restauranteurs learn that you can't keep the public happy with sysco bread product?

i think i've almost kind of officially decided to go race greenville. hoping to see some chapel hill friends there.
thing #92 that i miss about ch: hadley being special-ed on girl rides

No comments:

Post a Comment