03 January 2013

Best Year Yet

on the facespace everyone is chit-chatting about what his or her 2012 entailed, stuff like learning, loss, personal growth, and travel, or crazy shit like marriage and babies. all this reflection triggered in me a weird euphoric revelation: 2012 was by far the best year I've had, to date. permit me to quote myself, circa december 31 2011:

Whether or not I do something drastic in the coming year, whether or not I race bikes or change jobs or meet life-altering people or move somewhere or buy a house or just cheerfully maintain status quo, I do sincerely hope it is a happy 2012 for us all.

well, lo and behold. most of those things happened. i shook up my life pretty drastically and was a very happy person for it. in 2012 i accomplished almost nothing athletically speaking, but some years are just like that. instead, i ventured very far south of the mason-dixon line for a variety of shenanigans, picked up and moved across this grand country, found a job in a place that takes my breath away, established myself quite contentedly in a new town, pursued a new sport with a pigheaded determination to not suck at it, and fell head over heels in love, despite my previous conviction that i was too cool for such nonsense.

no complaints here.

and a most excellent 2013 to everyone, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment