06 August 2009

It's Like That Joni Mitchell Song

due to my aversion to travel, i need a lot of planning and/or pressure to get me moving in any direction besides homeward. but after an entire summer spent in our fine state of cakalacky, flipping through everyone's pictures of colorado and listening to breathless narratives about europe, i've got a hankering to go somewhere. next summer will be the season of travel (maybe. if i'm not constrained by money, an internship, my various jobs, or any unforeseen circumstances.)
i am considering:

-wwoofing. i have some friends who've done it and they all thought it was the jam.
-taking advantage of tasha's hospitality on the 49th parallel. northwestern usa/british columbia sounds like awesome squared. maybe visit my family in the bay area and mount shasta for awhile. the west coast is my oyster.
-road trip? map out the best mtb rides across the country? that would be so fab.

post-grad life scares me a little. fortunately i'm in no hurry to get a grown-up job and i have another year of school drudgery to distract me. not to mention another season of collegiate. go BC!

p.s. many condolences to fat cyclist.

2 comments:

  1. YES!!!!!! YOU MUST VISIT THE FEMALE COWIE!!!!! We have a two-bedroom condo ON THE FREAKING BAY!!!!!!!! (And we just bought this totally sweet futon at IKEA.) There are fish and gigantic ships and bike trails and oysters and crabs everywhere!!!! (I mean...the ocean kind of crabs, obviously. I always mean "crabs" in the best sense of the word.) WE WILL HAVE MAJOR FUN!!!!

    But I miss NC. I totally do. And I miss everybody. And good job at ORRAM. ORAOMM. Jeez. Whatever it is, CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE A BADASS.

    Plus, if you come visit us, you can watch Canadian TV. Last night we were watching these dudes talking frantically in French while standing in front of produce stands in Quebec. It made absolutely no sense. But it was quite entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel. Get out of Brevard/the South/Uh-merica. Practice your Spanish somewhere exotic or cosmopolitan. Ride trails out West and then realize how much you miss Pisgah. But, I must implore you, GO.
    And graduate. Save some money.

    ReplyDelete